Branston
The ancient Parish Church at Branston has a prominent position in the main street and is one of only 9 churches in the country dedicated to Saint Guthlac, an East Anglian Saint. Christian worship has been offered on this site for 1300years, the present church being built of local stone onwards from the 13th c.
The interior of the church is spacious and airy, large enough to accommodate a rare 18th c. Hugh Russell organ built into a western gallery. Amongst other features it has fine Norman arches, a Norman
Font, and a slab tomb to John Spethyn dated from 1460 in the N. Aisle.

Our church is unlocked from dawn to dusk daily and all are welcome to enter.

In recent times, younger couples and families are settling here and they, together with existing members are joining forces with definite signs of revival. 

Churchwarden:

Susan Wells 
email:           susanwells07@gmail.com 
telephone:   01476 870240  
Croxton Kerrial
While the village is quite large there is a transient population in the two new private housing estates. There are several village organisations, which comprise a Youth Club, a Sports & Social Club, a Village Hall Committee and the very popular Church of England school. The school use
the church regularly, having their own display area.
We have a pleasant and comfortable prayer corner. The Nicholson Organ was refurbished and moved with the help of funding from grants, including one from English Heritage.

There have been priests in Croxton Kerrial for over 900 years. Croxton Abbey was founded by William, Count of Boulogne and Mortain, who donated the land for the abbey. The donation of the land must have happened before the Count's death in 1159, however, canons were not resident until 1162. The abbey was dissolved in 1538, with the abbot and eighteen canons in residence.


Churchwarden:

Rosemary Jinks
Telephone:   01476 870148 
Email:            rosemary.jinks@btinternet.com

Harston
  
The Church of St Michael and All Angels is a fine building situated on top of the hill in Harston with spectacular views of unspoilt, rolling countryside to the south.  It’s origins date back to the Saxon era and contained inside are two unusual and intricately carved stone Saxon grave covers.  A proportion of the present church was sympathetically rebuilt during the mid to late 19th Century.   
 The churchyard is very well maintained by a team of enthusiastic volunteers from the village.  Passing walkers & cyclists are often to be found sitting on the bench outside the church admiring the beautiful views and enjoying the tranquillity.
  
Though small, the village has a thriving and active Community Group, which organises functions and fund raising events during the year, sometimes together with adjacent villages.  The Neighbourhood Watch scheme is also very well run & efficient. To the north west of Harston, there are commanding views of magnificent Belvoir Castle within it’s classical parkland setting.
  

Churchwarden:

William Hurrell
Telephone:  01476 870123  
Email:            whurrell17@gmail.com
Knipton
Knipton is attractively sited in the wooded valley of the little River Devon. It is an estate village to Belvoir Castle and as such reflects this in the majority of buildings. The Church, dedicated to 'All Saints' is set in the heart of the village. It has a bold west tower built partly in the 13th century.
A top storey was added in the 15th c. Much of the rest of the building dates from these periods and was heavily restored between 1845-6 and again in 1869 when the South aisle was added. The interior is
attractive and cool with its white walls adding much to the feeling of a prayerful place. It has always been well maintained.

The village also has an excellent shop and Post Office, an active village hall which hosts 'Messy Church' and 'The Manners Arms' owned by the Belvoir Estate which apart from being a public house is also a restaurant and hotel.

Contact:

Eloise Manners
Telephone:  01476 870225  
Email:           enapier@me.com
 
Saltby
Saltby has existed for a long time - there is evidence of habitation as far back as the Bronze Age, which was uncovered in a fairly recent archaeological dig in the woods on the Wyville Road where a feature called King Luds entrenchments lies. 
The Church of St Peter at Saltby is believed to date from the 12th century with the oldest part believed to be the tower. The church has a fine peal of 10 bells which create a lot of interest and are very popular.

The stonework suggests that materials were taken from several different quarries; one form of stone that can be seen is the reddish ironstone, which is indigenous to the Saltby area.

The Nags Head is a traditional village pub in the heart of the village, the local airfield, used by the local gliding club, housed over 5,000 American airmen in the second would war commemorated by a unique stone memorial (see picture).

Churchwardens:

Sue Hill                                           
Telephone:  01476 860398
Email:           mail@shill860398.plus.com

Jenny Tebb
Telephone: 01476 562019
Email:           rudmorris@btinternet.com
 
Sproxton
Sproxton village is a thriving community across all ages, with especially good links between its organisations of cricket club, village hall and pub.  The church and village hall combined to run a very successful Open Gardens Day in July 2016 while the pub organised a fun day of vintage tractors, motorbikes and cars in September.  Both events attracted widespread support from the village
Following the theft of the roof lead in 2011, the PCC were very fortunate to receive a generous grant of £97,800 from the Listed Places of Worship Roof Repair Fund which enabled them to replace the temporary felt roof with zinc and, at the same time redo the 1840s lead on the 13th Century Tower. Further grants were received from the Garfield Weston Foundation and other generous trusts and donors.       
       
We have many visitors to the church for its historical interest. We have a fine light ring of 8 bells and welcome many visiting bands.

Churchwardens:

Malise Graham
Telephone: 01476 860266
Email: